In this course of GSOC I did many changes in the Zulip-Android Project
- Changed the UI of the app
- Changed the login flow of the app, now this shows all the possible backends for any server.
- Changed the network connectivity libraries to a much faster, better, efficient library
- Implemented a widget for the homescreen to read messages, Currently unmerged, but under review process
- Implemented a chatBox to easily send messages
- Implemented a multi login system to allow zulip app to be logged in two or more accounts simultaneously Currently unmerged, but under review process
- Implemented suggestions for emoticons as we type in the message Box
- Implemented to show the number of unread messages counts Currently unmerged, but under review process
- Fixed a bug which was sometimes flooding the server
- Implemented a Authentication system (DevAuthBackend) which was previously supported only by the web App
You can see the full commit list here
A total of 6,937 ++ line additions and 3,137 line deletions by my commits!
And here is the list of all the features/Pull Request’s, they can also be viewed in github
Create JavaDocs for classes and methods
Implemented swipe to remove chatBox
Fixes #131: Wrong messages order
Fixes: #132 Show Title and name in header if narrowed to self PM’s
Fixes: #136 Narrow by stream on click
Implemented a Widget for reading messages
Fix: multiple asyncGetEvents
Fix on narrow to private message
Show unread counts in the stream drawer
Create blank drawable if no emoji present
Do not open keyboard on narrowing
Fixes: Clear topic expansion in streams drawer when unnarrowing/renarrowing
Fixed: Custom zulip server defaults to http
Fixed Many lint bugs
Save Client ID for registering GCM to that client
Add User-Agent header to HTTPRequest
Switch DayNight theme (Light <—> Dark Theme)
Make it easy to compose messages with mentions, emoji, etc.
Show Error Message if no messages present in current list
Better Login Flow
Added Clickable Links to narrow for user!
Removed Use zulip.com checkbox
Fixup: error handling of bad event queue id
Hide soft keyboard when LoginActivity starts
Implemented Expandable ListView in the streamsDrawer
Added Loading dialog for devAuth
AppCompatActivity and Toolbar AppCompatChanges
Implemented RecyclerView inplace of ListView + UI updated
Fix the previous chatBox espresso test’s
Allow non-Zulip.com installs to login via Google Auth
Replaced Old Apache HTTP Libraries with OkHttpClient
Developed Login for DevAuthBackEnd #48
Switch/Add servers without logging in/out
Implemented chatBox to directly reply.
Implement Mute topics
Added Codestyle instructions to the Readme
Added Material design
Migrated To Gradle
And in the Zulip Server project I did some small code changes in these Pull Request’s-
Login API’s for DevAuthBackEnd for Android project
Fixed Correct version in commands
Some screenshots of the features which I loved to built the most.
Implemented a widget for easy messages view.
Currently unmerged, hopefully will be merged soon!
This allowed switching between dark/light theme.
A new layout for the list containing the messages.